[wingide-users] Debugging a Zope external method

Sean Winstead seanw at
Sun, 18 May 2003 14:16:35 -0400

I'd like to debug Python scripts hosted by Zope and was excited to learn
that WingIDE would allow me to do so. I'm in the middle of configuring
WingIDE for remote debugging and have a question regarding the file sharing.

I want to debug a Zope External Method. So do I need to share the
\Zope\Extensions directory holding the actual Python script containing the
external method or is it sufficient to use Zope's WebDAV support to share
Zope's folders, one of which contains the External Method instance?

If the External Method references other Python scripts located in the
\Zope\Lib\Python folder, do I need to set anything on the Zope side so that
the Wing IDE debugger can see those files?

Thanks for your time.

Sean Winstead
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (