Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing IDE Multi Thread Support

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 18:21:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Reinhammar Maria wrote:
> Have just spent some time playing around with a trial version of Winf IDE 1.1.9.
> Am quite happy but when trying out the debugger I found out that multithreading
> is not supported.
> This is quite unfortunate as such support is required in our development.
> When may we expect this improvment?

This is being asked more and more often so I've made an FAQ entry for it:

http://wingide.com/support/faq#s7q6b

We are working towards supporting multi-threaded debugging but since there
are also changes needed in Python itself, it will initially require a
patched version of Python.  At this time I don't have any estimates for
delivery of the capability, but the above URL may help you get the
existing debugger to do what you need.  We have quite a few users
(including all our Zope users) that use the current limited support in the
context of multi-threaded apps.

Hope that helps... and thanks for trying Wing!

- Stephan