Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Breakpoints now hit while "Debugging an externally launched program"

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 10:13:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

If you're remote debugging (host to host) then chances are there's an
error in your debug.location-map preference.

If debugging on the same host, the most likely problem these days is that
you're importing wingdbstub on one thread and reaching the breakpoint on
another.  Wing can only debug one thread in a multi-threaded app at a
time.  This is in part due to the way the Python debug support is
designed; see e.g. this PEP in progress:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1610516

You might try printing out the thread ID at import wingdbstub and then
on the line where the breakpoint is located.

If this is the problem, try putting the import wingdbstub just before
the line you want to stop on.

Some other causes of failure to stop on breakpoints are described here:

http://wingide.com/support/faq#s7q12
http://wingide.com/psupport/wingide-1.1/node7.html#SECTION007180000000000000000

You can also get more detailed diagnostic output from the debugger by
setting kSilent=0 in wingdbstub.py.  Send this to support@wingide.com
for interpretation.

Hope that helps.

Wing IDE for Python