[wingide-users] XML Schema extension

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:58:39 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Marc Recht wrote:
> At the moment I'm working a lot with XML Schema files. These are standard
> XML files, but the standard extention for these files is ".xsd". Because of
> that WingIDE doesn't recognises these files as XML files. Is there a way to
> tell WingIDE to handle them as XML file ?

Yes, you can configure Wing to recognize additional file extensions with
the preference:

It's a map from file extension to mime type.  For example:

main.extra-mime-types={ 'xsd': 'text/x-xml' }

I'll make sure we add this extension to our built-in list of those
recognized for XML.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python