Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Python Versions

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingide.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:04:18 -0500 (EST)

Yes, you can download and install the Linux version of Wing IDE and then
follow the instructions in the manual to remotely debug to a copy of Wing
running on Windows.  (Or vice versa if I've misunderstood where you want
the IDE to run).

You do need to have some sort of file sharing between the two machines
so both have access to the source code, and will need to set up a file
location mapping as part of the configuration process.

Details are here:

http://wingide.com/psupport/wingide-1.1/node7.html#SECTION007150000000000000000

Licensing is for the IDE so you don't need any extra license to run the
debug server on Linux.  However, you may want to get a trial license for
Linux to get remote debugging working first within the same machine (with
the IDE running on the Linux box) and then set up remote debugging to your
Windows machine.  This is just easier for a first-time setup, but not a
requirement.  (Again, I'm not sure I've understood where you want to run
the IDE but the setup is the same either way).

Hope that helps.  If not, let us know.

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
Take Flight!