Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Can we debug embedded Python?

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 23:51:28 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Robert Oschler wrote:
> We are using Delphi 6 Pro running on Win 2k.  We use a wonderful tool
> called PyDelphi, which makes the embedding of the Python 2.2 dll very
> easy in a Delphi app.  Is it possible to debug Python programs with
> WingIDE in this situation?  If the answer is yes, any tips on how we
> would set up the environment?

It should work if the embedded Python interpreter stores the source files
for scripts on disk and sets the code object's filename correctly.
Wing's debugger also needs the socket module to be present and functioning
and a few other modules.  This is only an issue if you're working with a
subset of the standard Python dist.

There is info in the debugger chapter of the manual which describes how to
debug externally launched processes like this.  Basically, you need to
configure and then import wingdbstub to initiate debugging and connection
back to the IDE:

http://wingide.com/psupport/wingide-1.1/node7.html#SECTION007150000000000000000

(This url is for the 1.1.8 manual and may break in the future)

Hope that helps.

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
Take Flight!