[wingide-users] Remote Debugging Problems

Greg Schlut admin at
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 13:04:36 -0600

   I am having a problem remote debugging my zope applications.  The
zope server runs redhat 7.1, and I would like to use a windows 2000
computer to do the debugging.  Wingide works fine when I debug from the
zope server, but when I use it on the windows 2000 machine wingide won't
do the remote debugging.  Can I use a windows wingide client to access
my linux zope server?  I am using samba to map my zope home directory to
drive z on my windows 2000 wingide host.  I can also see when I start
the wingide product, that wingide changes from Debugger: Ready and
listening to ---> Debugger: Program running [718 modules loaded].  This
part is good, my windows 2000 wingide is seeing the remote debugging
zope product.  When I then open my python code in the project and run
the url on the zope server port 50080, it doesn't stop a my breakpoints
or even debug.  What could be the problem?  I looks like the connection
to the zope server is fine, it just isn't debugging for some reason.
Below is my config.

wingide preferences:
debug.passive-hosts=('', '')
debug.location-map{ '':None,
'':[('/usr/local/zope/Zope-2.6.0', 'file:Z:/Zope-2.6.0')], }

Properties configuration in wingide:
  Python executable and path are set to my zope versions.
"Z:/Zope-2.6.0/bin/python" and "Z:/Zope-2.6.0/lib/python" respectively.
These are accessed through samba.