Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Bug Report: Cannot save files

Ken Kinder kkinder at rackspace.com
17 Jun 2003 10:47:19 -0500

I've reported a time or two an illusive problem where I'd have a
read-only file, make it write-only, and I still couldn't save it. I've
just figured out how to isolate the problem.

It has nothing to do with read-only. Here's how to reproduce the
problem:

  * Start WingIDE in "normal" mode
  * Press ctrl+n for "New File"
  * Type some stuff into the file, such that it is
    eligible to be saved
  * Press ctrl+s for "Safe File"
  * DO NOT PRESS CANCEL OR OK. Use your WINDOW MANAGER to
    close the "Save As" window. To be honest, I'm not sure
    what IceWM does to close a window, but I think it's
    probably a delete event(??).
  * The "Save As" window will go away, and the file is unsaved.
    However, you can no longer invoke the Save As window for
    that buffer under Wing.

Let me know if you can't reproduce the problem. I suspect that WingIDE
is not processing a window close event and the "Cancel" button the same
way, because if you Cancel the Save As dialog, the problem does not
occur.

-Ken

--
Ken Kinder
CORE Team; Rackspace Managed Hosting(tm)