Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] nitpicks

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingide.com
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:29:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Robert Oschler wrote:
> 1 - different icons for each WingIDE window so that when I want to
> access a particular WingIDE window, the debugger window for instance,
> via the taskbar I know which one to click on (they are all the same
> now).

Yes, this would be nicer.  There should be fewer windows in the future by
default, so this will be less of a problem, although you will still have
the option to zoom things out to windows so I'll see if we can get icons
designed for each of the managers along with the others that we need.

> 2 - Have the debug console be a window in the IDE window set, not a
> command prompt window, with the option to line wrap or not (configurable
> at runtime rather than pref file would be best if possible).

We're hoping to make that an option, although we'll likely continue to
allow using a seperate command prompt for code that relies on its
behaviour.

> Oh yes, I'd like the start arrow on the main button bar, to double as a
> Continue Execution button when the program hits a breakpoint.  Probably
> would be best to change the icon once the program has started.

The "-> *" is really the main start icon and does already do this when at
a breakpoint.  The ">"  icon only serves as "run to first line" which
maybe shouldn't be an icon at all, I don't know for sure.  In general the
toolbar is going to be redesigned to be more useful and configurable.

> Other than that, still loving it!

Glad to hear it! ;-)  Thanks for your suggestions.

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
Take Flight!

www.wingide.com