Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] GTK 2 and back-indent

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:16:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, David Bolen wrote:
> * Moving to GTK 2 for the graphics layer.  I'm guessing that it's currently
> using GTK 1.2, although am not positive.  The look and feel is a little
> "foreign" right now on the Windows platform, and GTK 2 would improve that
> (and give access to the Wimp theme for more native appearance).

This is already in progress and the next major release will be based on
it, probably with the wimp theme as the default (tho we haven't tried it
out yet, just looked at the screen shots).  Gtk2 is definately (so far)
a lot nicer to work with!

> * In the editor, permitting a single backspace to automatically dedent if
> there's nothing but whitespace on the line (e.g., the same way Python mode
> in emacs works), rather than requiring the more awkward Back-Tab keystroke?

This is on our list.  It will dedent whenever working in the indent
portion of a line, even if the rest of the line has some content on it.

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
Take Flight!

www.wingide.com