Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] c-t and debugger bug?

John Ehresman jpe at wingide.com
09 Jul 2003 15:55:47 -0400

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 16:14, dave@immunitysec.com wrote:
> 2. I keep getting this weird freezing effect when I'm in the debugger now.
> I'm using Wing 1.1.8 on Linux. When I start the debugger, it'll load, and
> then the gui will freeze for a bit, and then I can look at the debugger
> window for a few seconds, and then it will freeze again, and so on. Really
> bugs me, since I basically bought wing for the run-time debugger. :<

It turns out that the freezing was due to Wing unnecessarily trying to
resolve the IP # of the local machine from it's name.  This is not a
problem if the resolution is quick, but it slows things down if it's
not.

I've put together a patch which greatly improves the responsiveness of
the debugger, which can be downloaded from
http://wingide.com/support/downloads_list&prod=wingstd&version=1.1.9&section=bugfix
It's patch #11 on the page.  To install the patch, unpack it in the Wing
install directory (typically /usr/lib/wingide on Linux or c:\Program
Files\Wing IDE on Windows).