Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] c-t and debugger bug?

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:34:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 dave@immunitysec.com wrote:
> 1. Be nice to have control-T working like in Emacs. :>

I'll see what we can do... it is definately a missing key binding.

> 2. I keep getting this weird freezing effect when I'm in the debugger now.
> I'm using Wing 1.1.8 on Linux. When I start the debugger, it'll load, and
> then the gui will freeze for a bit, and then I can look at the debugger
> window for a few seconds, and then it will freeze again, and so on. Really
> bugs me, since I basically bought wing for the run-time debugger. :<
>
> Does anyone else get this? I'm not sure how to analyze this, since it
> happens on different programs...I'm debugging locally, not remotely or
> anythign weird like that.

Try removing all breakpoints from the Breakpoints menu.  It rules out a
known bug.  Let us know if that helps.

If not, it may be source analysis chugging away in the background.  Do you
have a large code base in your project file or reachable by tracing
'import' statements in your code?  One case where Wing can be slow in this
case is with wxPython.  If this is the cause, it should go away after a
couple of minutes on a Celeron 400ish machine.

If none of that helps, let us know so we can trace down the problem.  It
definately shouldn't be acting like that.

Thanks for reporting this.

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
Take Flight!