Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Signature of functions, pydoc and explorer like interface.

Mirko Zeibig mirko-lists at zeibig.net
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 22:18:30 +0200

Hello,

I really like WingIDE but what I am really missing is the comfort offered by
other IDEs I am used to, i.e. showing the signature of functions and the
documentation string.

I recently installed IPython, a pure python package, which will do exactly
this: after adding a question mark to an object not only will it show me the
signature but along with this the documentation.

I know I could get this information by means of the sourcebrowser but that's
not the same. Either a "tooltip" or at least the signature in the status line
would be great. Or show it in the already existing Documentation part of the
Project Manager.

And while we are at it: maybe years of Visual Basic, Visual Studio, Visual
Slickedit and other IDEs like KDevelop have made me ignorant to alternative
aproaches, but I like the Explorer like interface of these, with a tree with
files (or even class and procedure names) for navigation on the left (hey, I
would even be happy if it showed up on the right ;-)).

Is there a chance that these dreams of mine come true?

Sincerely yours

Mirko Zeibig