[wingide-users] Python 2.3b2?

John Ehresman jpe at
03 Jul 2003 17:11:25 -0400

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 14:15, Wing IDE Support wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 11:11, Robert Oschler wrote:
> > Will Python 2.3b2 work with WingIDE 1.1.9+?
> It does, with a few problems.  I just tested it on Windows and could
> debug a simple test script, but could not pause it or set breakpoints
> while it was running.  We're investigating what's causing this.

It looks like the problem occurs when the same line executes over and
over, so the line number never changes.  The test script I was using is:
  while 1:
    print 1
Since the only line that executes is the 'print 1' line, it never
appears that the line number changes.  Changing the test script to:
  while 1:
    print 1
    print 2
  a = 2
  while a == 2:
    print 1
fixes the problem.

This is due to changes in the interpreter internals and I'm going to
submit a Python bug report to make sure this is the intended behavior
and / or try to work around it.