Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] What is this other blue line?

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:21:57 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Dave Aitel wrote:
> I've attached a png file for you to see - but with the latest version of
> my (licensed) Wing IDE, I get this interesting little line. It doens't
> seem to be hurting anything, but I'd like to know what it is. :>

The png didn't come through (your email had no attachment; could be our
mailing list software strips them).  But I think I may know what you're
talking about... if on the surface of the editor in the indentation part
of the source then it's the suspicious / non-uniform indent indicator.
You can convert or correct files with non-uniform indentation style using
the Indentation Manager from the Source / Indentation menu.

If that's not it, then send me the png directly.

> Also, is there any way to set the Browser to Gnome's default rather
> than Netscape Communicator?

Yes, there are preferences for this.  See this email thread from earlier
this month:

http://wingide.com/pipermail/wingide-users/2003-January/001280.html

(note need for both gui.url-display-cmds and gui.file-display-cmds
to be set, as is described between the two emails from tech support)

> Also, is there any way to set the backspace character to work like it
> does in Emacs? (I.E. like shift tab does now)

Yes, open up your keymap.normal (or keymap.emacs file, if you're using
emacs mode) from within your Wing IDE installation and change this line:

'BackSpace': 'backward-delete-char'

to this:

'BackSpace': 'backward-tab'

Then restart Wing.