Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Feature request (if possible)

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 00:41:12 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> When you type away in Wing a box pops up with suggestions that you can
> "tab" or scroll up and down.
> A very useful feature.
> But sometimes it can be rather annoying as you can't see what is written
> above the current line. The popup box demands a bit too much attention.
>
> Would it be possible have this box 50-60% transparant? Does your GUI app
> allow for this?
> It would really look cool and Mac OSXish.

He he.  I'm sure it's possible but in the current product which uses
gtk1.x I believe it would require including our own transparency
implementation.  So for now this goes into the category of "we'ld be happy
to take a patch from a user."

It's possible that gtk2.2 has transparent windows.  If it does, we could
certainly add this as an option once we've moved to that version of the
toolkit.

> PS. Where do I submit a feature request formally? ...after I've had some
> input on this email.

We track all requests and suggestions made on this list and through other
channels and merge these into our development plan.  Nothing additional
is needed.

Thanks,

- Stephan