Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing IDE, OS X and Apple's X11 Server

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:27:41 -0800

I have tried Wing with XDarwin/OroborOSX (and other window managers) on
my 700 Mhz iBook. I found that Wing ran painfully slow (for instance I
could type faster than it could render text).

With Apple's X11 server, these speed issues have disappeared. Wing runs
quite snappily - not quite as fast as my Linux box, but it's still very
useable.

The X11 server is easy to install, the only snag you might run into is
if you've had XDarwin installed previously, you'll want to remove any
~/.xinitrc from your home directory.