Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing IDE, OS X and Apple's X11 Server

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel at wingide.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:43:29 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Richard Chamberlain wrote:
> Has anybody tried running Wing IDE on apple's beta X11 server?

We haven't tried it here but we have several customers that we know of
that are using it.  I believe it may be much faster than using XDarwin
and OroborOSX.

> I notice that the Mac OS X install instructions still refer to XDarwin
> and OroborOSX, is Apple's X11 a replacement for both of these does
> anybody know?

Yes, Apple's X11 for OS X product includes a native Aqua window manager.
You can apparently replace it with another one if you want, however.

We've actually moved away from recommending OroborOSX to just listing
the options:

http://wingide.com/doc/osx

Hope that helps.

- Stephan