Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Debugging zope slow

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:37:36 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Kevin Teague wrote:
> I find that Zope runs significantly slower when debugging on the wing
> port. Maybe around 3 to 6 times slower (py 2.1.3, Zope 2.6.1b1, Intel 1
> Ghz, Linux). I only run on that port when I run into really tricky
> bugs, but it sure does make debugging a lot easier.

There is of course an unavoidable performance hit but we've tried to
keep it around 2X slower.  We'll have to check if there's an issue
specific to Zope 2.6.1b1.

Starting debug after the first page has been loaded (using the non-debug
port) helps speed things quite a bit.  This is particularly noticeable in
Plone.

Also worth checking is whether something else (like the IDE itself) is
eating CPU time.  With larger source bases, Wing can do this for up to
several minutes after you open a project and it updates its source
analysis info.  This slows everything else down until the process is done.

(I'll respond to the ZPT question seperately)

- Stephan