Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Help file location

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:26:19 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Doug Glenn wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 January 2003 22:33, Wing IDE Support wrote:
> > To configure Wing to use a web browser other than Netscape, go into
> > Edit / Preferences and add something like this:
> >
> > gui.url-display-cmds={ \
> >   'http': [ "konqueror %s", ], \
> >   '*': [ "konqueror %s", ] \
> > }
>
> No go :(

Ah, I suspect the problem is that you also need this:

gui.file-display-cmds={ \
  'application/pdf': [ 'acroread %s &', 'ghostview %s &' ], \
  '*': [ "konqueror %s", ] \
}

This is used for any 'file:' url while gui.url-display-cmds is used for
any other url.  So the above is used for opening the Python and Wing IDE
manual from local disk and gui.url-display-cmds is used to open the
non-local urls like Technical Support in the Help menu.

BTW, the pref gui.file-display-cmds is also used if you right click on the
project and select Open in External Viewer.

You may want to omit the application/pdf line if konqueror works for PDF
files, or add others like gimp to open image/gif or whatever.  The format
is similar to gui.url-display-cmds pref but the dict keys are mime types.

BTW, the pref file you sent has the gui.file-display-cmds line so the
first line isn't commented out, which will cause failure to read at least
the next few prefs.

Also, the reason 1.1.7 didn't complain is that it had a bug in the code
that detected whether the external viewers launched successfully and
wasn't reporting the errors correctly to the user.

Hope that helps... if not, please let us know!

Thanks,

- Stephan