Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Problem with Zope-WingDBG-Wing 1.1.8

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:21:34 -0500 (EST)

Just select "Ignore this exception location" in the error list dialog and
continue.  In fact this is described in the note below the traceback your
emailed. ;-)

The reason Wing sometimes reports what is normally an internal exception
is that it can't see into C/C++ extension module code that handles (or in
some cases clears and ignores) these exceptions.  A result of how Python
works internally, it's a necessary evil to get immediate stopping at point
of exception in all cases, and to allow tracing exception handling code up
the stack after it happens.

We've never seen any app with more than a few of these false positives and
you only have to ignore the locations once since Wing stores the info in
your project.  But an alternative is to set Exception Mode from the Run
menu to Never Stop. This will only report fatal exceptions after the fact
with a traceback but you won't be able to look around at variables since
the program will already have exited.

Hope that helps.

- Stephan

Wing IDE for Python                          Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
www.wingide.com                              Take Flight!