Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] A Window Per File

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:38:18 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Christian Jensen wrote:
> I was wondering if it is possible to have a new window open for each file I
> double click.
>
> I was thinking that last thread about gui.one-view-per-window=true would do
> it, but it still opens up each file in the same window.

Did you restart Wing IDE after editing preferences from Edit / Preferences
menu item?  Currently, prefs changes only take effect after restarting
the IDE.

> I like to have two windows open so that I can visually access each document.
> This _might_ allow me to drag chunks of code around. I know it is a
> different issue, but is it possible to turn off the replication (copy and
> paste on drag)? I rather cut and paste, more standard drag and droppish.

Just hold down the alt key (win32) or shift key (linux and others) before
dropping the selection at its new location and it will cut from the
source instead of copying.  There isn't a pref for this right now,
however.

Hope that helps.

- Stephan