Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Tab completion for method signatures (function arguments)

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:49:05 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Adam Feuer wrote:
>   Wing doesn't do tab-completion for method signatures (function arguments)-
> any chance that it will do this in the future?
>
>   This open-source project does that for the Python interactive shell, using
> Python's introspection abilities:
>
> http://codespeak.net/~hpk/rlcompleter2/

We don't currently track our analysis of probable value type through
function and method calls.  This is primarily for performance reasons:
The case of static analysis on large bodies of code is actually quite
different and much more compute intensive than doing it in an interactive
shell where Python introspection can be used because you're actually
running the code.

You can however add statements like this to inform the analysis engine
of function arg types so it will auto-complete them also:

assert isinstance(myarg, CMyClass)

We do plan to add deeper static analysis in the future so this will
no longer be necessary.

Thanks,

- Stephan