Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Cloned windows or C-x 2

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:54:21 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> What I would like to be able to do is the equivalent of C-x 2 in emacs.
> I.e. two horizontal "buffers" next to each other so that I can 1) look
> elsewhere in open file and 2) look at another file.
> I've heard about cloned windows'es with which I can Ctrl-Tab or Alt-Tab
> between, but I see nothing of this in the menus.

Here's some info in addition to Doug Glenn's tip on using the
gui.one-view-per-window preference (note, BTW, that you need to
restart Wing IDE for preference changes to take effect):

Lite doesn't have the window cloning commands nor ability to open the
same file twice for editing two different parts at once.

Wing IDE Standard does allow cloning a window, moving a buffer out to a
new window, and opening the same file twice in two seperate windows.  The
1.1.x series doesn't have multiple buffers in the same window, but future
versions will have this.

Wing IDE Lite users upgrading to Standard within the same major/minor
version just pay the difference in the price of the two products.  Write
to sales@wingide.com if you want to do this so we can arrange for the
discount.

See http://wingide.com/order for all product prices.

Hope that helps.  Better buffer handling is one of the things we're
working on improving.

Thanks,

- Stephan