Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Indentation Problems?

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:25:59 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Ken Kinder wrote:
> I don't know why, but for some reason, a couple of times today,
> WingIDE has gotten confused about this block of code, in the part I
> mark (**HERE**)

The most common cause I've seen personally is incorrect code further up
(mismatched braces or quotes, usually), which is hard to see since we
don't in 1.1.x have syntax error squiggles (yes, they are coming in
the future).

Indentation confusion sometimes (quite rarely) also seems to happen as a
result of confusion in the source analyser... in this case you can open
the file in question again while it's already open and the source analysis
engine will redo the file from scratch.

If all else fails, quit Wing and remove the 'cache' directory from your
Wing IDE profiles directory (~/.wingide on Posix; profiles/[username]
inside the Wing IDE installation on Windows).

- Stephan