Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Minor annoyance: no default file extension

John Ehresman jpe at wingide.com
23 Feb 2003 19:01:59 -0500

Oops, this is a bug; we do want to be consistent with other Windows
applications here.  We will try to fix this in the next minor release of
Wing.

Thanks for the feedback,

John

On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 16:35, Rishel,Wes wrote:
> The same is true for python source files. The dialogue for saving a new f=
ile defaults to *.py (so only .py files show) but you have to manually type=
 the ".py" with the file name.=20
>=20
> Once you saved it but forgot to put the extension on then some prompting =
features stop working.
>=20
> This, too, is a minor annoyance because it is inconsistent with virtually=
 every other software package I have ever used.