[wingide-users] Minor annoyance: no default file extension

Rishel,Wes Wes.Rishel at
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:35:38 -0500

The same is true for python source files. The dialogue for saving a new =
file defaults to *.py (so only .py files show) but you have to manually =
type the ".py" with the file name.=20

Once you saved it but forgot to put the extension on then some prompting =
features stop working.

This, too, is a minor annoyance because it is inconsistent with =
virtually every other software package I have ever used.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rene Pijlman []
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2003 12:12 PM
Subject: [wingide-users] Minor annoyance: no default file extension

When I save a new Wing project and enter a name in the save as dialog, a
project file is created without the ".wpr" extension, even though "Wing
Project" was selected in the "Save as type" field of the dialog.

All other Windows applications I'm used to add their own extension by

No big deal, since its easy enough to add the extension manually, but I
thought I'd report it anyway.

I'm using Wing 1.1.7 with Python 2.2 on Windows 2000 Professional.

Ren=E9 Pijlman

Wing IDE discussion list