[wingide-users] bug (plain text)

Wing IDE Support support at
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:58:09 -0500 (EST)

> On Friday 24 January 2003 10:23 am, Sergey Magafurov Pager wrote:
> > My OS is Win2000. I have associated *.py files with wing. When i trying to
> > open file "c:\qwe" wing opens two files: "c:\qwe" and "qwe". Of
> > course, there are no such files. Generally this bug is arising when file
> > name contains spaces.What can i do ?

FYI for the list:  This was caused by a problem in Windows, a bug that
apparently KDE's Konqueror emulates.  There is a work-around for win32
given here:

I was unable to come up with a work-around for KDE but it may be possible
to get that to quote command line args properly as well so that file names
aren't split into multiple args.

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc