Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Mac OSX, Python framework, and netserver module exception

Morgen Sagen morgen at osafoundation.org
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:19:31 -0800

Thanks for investigating this.  I remembered that the OSX dynamic
loader pays attention to various environment variables to alter its
behavior, and found that by specifying DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1
before launching wing, those missing symbols are made visible.  I'm not
sure if this is a great solution, but it seemed to work.

See http://www.hmug.org/man/1/dyld.html

My new problem to investigate is that when you build python with
framework support, you actually end up with two python executables:
one in Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin and one in
Applications/Python.app/contents/MacOS.  The latter is able to run
wxPython apps, but doesn't accept more than one command-line argument
(which means wing can't spawn it correctly), and the former accepts
command-line arguments but wxPython scripts run using it don't receive
mouse events.  So neither python executable works for what I need.  I'm
off to go figure this one out.

~morgen