[wingide-users] Getting Wing to execute code on OS X

Richard Chamberlain richard at
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 00:30:46 +0000

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 12:16 AM, Richard Chamberlain wrote:

> When I try xterm  from terminal it fails with a /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm
> Xt error: Can't open display: message in console. However I can set
> the display with setenv DISPLAY :0.0 and then xterm works OK, but
> setting DISPLAY in the wingdb script doesn't work :-/
> I'm going to take a long hard look at the shell script (wingdb which
> is in tomorrow to see if I can figure it out.

I was being dumb.

Basically, if your issue relates to the console, then you need to edit
wingdb which is in the directory.

You need to add:

export DISPLAY

I added it just below SILENT=1 and debugging now seems to work fine.