Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Getting Wing to execute code on OS X

Richard Chamberlain richard at sunsetandlabrea.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 00:16:21 +0000

Hi Jed,

On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 11:45  pm, Jed Burgess wrote:

> I've got Wing running my code on Windows, but when I try to get it to
> run my code on the Mac, I am getting an error.  The error reported is:
>
> 	The debug process never connected back to Wing IDE: Aborting debug
> session
>
> 	This may be caused by setting PYTHONHOME or PYTHONPATH to values that
> conflict with the Python interpreter being used.
>
> It refers me to the faq, but I can't figure out what to do from the
> instructions there.  I didn't explicitly set either PYTHONHOME or
> PYTHONPATH.

You're not by any chance trying to open a console are you? In run
properties or in your project settings have you got Debug Console set
to Start New Console?

This is the same problem as I'm having, and unfortunately I can't tell
you how to fix it at the moment apart from switching the debug console
off.

Stephen mailed back with what wingb actually calls, which is xterm -T
"window title" -e "/path/to/wingdb.py" -u "/path/to/debugfile.py"

When I try xterm  from terminal it fails with a /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm Xt
error: Can't open display: message in console. However I can set the
display with setenv DISPLAY :0.0 and then xterm works OK, but setting
DISPLAY in the wingdb script doesn't work :-/

I'm going to take a long hard look at the shell script (wingdb which is
in WingIDE.app) tomorrow to see if I can figure it out.

Richard

btw chandler looks mighty cool