Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Getting Wing to execute code on OS X

Jed Burgess jed at osafoundation.org
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:45:33 -0800

I've got Wing running my code on Windows, but when I try to get it to
run my code on the Mac, I am getting an error.  The error reported is:

	The debug process never connected back to Wing IDE: Aborting debug
session

	This may be caused by setting PYTHONHOME or PYTHONPATH to values that
conflict with the Python interpreter being used.

It refers me to the faq, but I can't figure out what to do from the
instructions there.  I didn't explicitly set either PYTHONHOME or
PYTHONPATH.

I have built my own python (we are using wxPython for our GUI toolkit)
and it is located in /Users/morgen/osaf/chandler/release/bin.  At this
point I am just trying to run the wxPython demo.  I followed the steps
outlined in http://wingide.com/doc/wxPython.

The python executable I am using is
/Users/morgen/osaf/chandler/release/bin/python

When I select Show Analysis Stats, it says

	Interpreter: 	/Users/morgen/osaf/chandler/release/bin/python
	Python Path:	/Users/morgen/osaf/chandler/wxWindows-2.4/wxPython/demo
	Files Scanned:	2

	These settings are being determined by the debug properties for the
main debug file demo.py
(/Users/morgen/osaf/chandler/wxWindows-2.4/wxPython/demo)

I tried saving the wpr file in /Users/morgen/osaf/chandler/release/bin,
which causes the Interpreter and the Python Path to refer to the same
location, but I get the same error.

As best I can tell, my environment is the same on Windows and Mac, but
the Mac version just isn't working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jed