Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] mac os x wing issues

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:33:20 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Richard Chamberlain wrote:
> Opening a debug console doesn't seem to work, for me at least. If I
> choose to open a debug console the debugger never gets a connection.

Does typing 'xterm' work?  We're basically executing this:

xterm -T "window title" -e "/path/to/wingdb.py" -u "/path/to/debugfile.py"

(followed by the rest of the args sent to the debug process)

This may be failing on your system for some reason.  One thing to check is
that DISPLAY is set right in the process that runs xterm.  You might just
be able to set that in the Project Properties environment area.  Or modify
the 'wingdb' shell script (in WingIDE.app/Contents/MacOS inside your Wing
IDE application folder) by adding a -display option to the xterm command
line towards the bottom of the file.  Look in the if block executed when
USE_XTERM is true.

> In the editor window there is a button bottom left which is obscured by
> the little apple window drag icon.

Do you mean "right"?  That brings up the same menu that comes up if you
right click on the editor surface (probably option/alt+click though this
is configured in the X Server so may vary).

> How do I put in a #? It's alt-3 outside of X11, I obviously think this
> is a X11 issue. I've been using the Ctrl-Slash but I'm more comfortable
> with alt-3.

Do you mean the character '#' or a number?  Either works just with plain
keys on a US keyboard... and I see '#' also on the German keyboard I
have here but perhaps it's missing from yours?  If so, I think this is
a X11 issue though if you find you can enter it in other apps but not
Wing then of course it's a bug on our part.

> shift-alt-w to open a new window doesn't seem to work - I guess again
> that this may be another x11 issue.

This isn't a Wing key binding in either Emacs or Normal editor modes.
Our key bindings are listed in the menus, and you can also edit
the keymap.emacs or keymap.normal files inside your Wing installation
in order to define other bindings.  In general, the shift+alt is something
to avoid because the OS or X Server / Window Manager often override those.

Hope that helps.

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
Take Flight!