Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Not all variables in debugger window?

Rishel,Wes Wes.Rishel at gartner.com
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 03:28:41 -0500

Under one odd circumstance not all variables show up in the debugger =
window.

For example, in this program:

	import email
	msg =3D email.Message.Message()
	msg.add_payload('abc')
	print msg._payload
	pass <<<BREAKPOINT HERE>>>

the variable _payload does not show up in the debugger even though the =
print statement works fine.

The Message class implements a dictionary interface as seen by this =
example:

	import email
	msg =3D email.Message.Message()
	msg.add_header('def', 'ghi')
	print msg[def]        # prints 'ghi'

In the debugger def shows up as a variable with the value ghi. What I =
might have expected to see is the variable named _headers in which =
Message stores a list of pairs, but _headers is not there.

I am sure this is somehow related to the reason I can't see _payload.

I am wondering if there is some way I can get around this "feature" and =
see all the variables of the instance of message? It would be =
particularly convenient if I could do it without editing files in the =
library.