Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Call Tips?

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:23:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Yes, we are adding call tips in the next major release of the IDE.  It's
1/2 there already in our source base, but I'm not going to make any
estimates as to release date.  We will be releasing beta versions so
you'll get info on the approximate time frames at about the same time that
we do. ;-)

In the current version, I tend to end up ctrl-right-clicking on function
or method names where I'm trying to enter args (or using Goto Selected
Symbol Defn in the Source menu, or the key binding for it).  Getting back
can be done with Most Recent Document from the File menu (or its key
binding) but that doesn't help much if the point of defn is in the same
file as the point of call.  This is definately something I'm not going to
miss once call tips are there!

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
Take Flight!