Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] What is this other blue line?

Ken Sugino sugino at brandeis.edu
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:29:57 -0500

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:21:57 -0500 (EST)
Wing IDE Support <support@wingide.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Dave Aitel wrote:
> > I've attached a png file for you to see - but with the latest version of
> > my (licensed) Wing IDE, I get this interesting little line. It doens't
> > seem to be hurting anything, but I'd like to know what it is. :>
>
> The png didn't come through (your email had no attachment; could be our
> mailing list software strips them).  But I think I may know what you're
> talking about... if on the surface of the editor in the indentation part
> of the source then it's the suspicious / non-uniform indent indicator.
> You can convert or correct files with non-uniform indentation style using
> the Indentation Manager from the Source / Indentation menu.

I had trouble with this Indentation Manager. In the past it broke the code
not properly transforming between spaces and tabs. So I'm pretty scared
these day to use it. But then when I edit source with mixed tabs and spaces
these blue lines show up and actually it's quite annoying. ;-) Is there a
way to disable these blue lines?

I prefer tab=4 spaces setting. Standard setting is tab=8 spaces. So I'm
wondering whethere this affects tab/space conversion by indentation manager,
which can lead to broken code.

Ken