Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Project manager questions

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingide.com
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:57:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Matt Goodall wrote:
> 1. Can I add a directory tree without including certain directories. In
> particular I don't want to import the CVS and .svn directories.

The following two preferences are used to control file inclusion/omission
in adding a directory tree or package:

proj.package-file-types=("*.*",)
proj.package-omit-types=("*.o", "*.a", "*.so", "*.pyc", "*.pyo", \
                         "core", "*~", "#*#")

These can be placed in your preferences file (Edit menu / Preferences)
and modified and changes made will take effect after Wing is restarted.

The above defaults already omit CVS directories, although the reason is
a bit subtle.  The patterns given are matched to file names and not
directory names right now and any directory with non-entry list of matches
is included in the display.  Since *.* doesn't match anything in CVS
directories (none of the files have extensions) these are omitted.

To omit files in *.svn you would either have to add patterns to the
package-omit-types pref that catch them all or change the
package-file-types pref to include only things like *.py and whatever else
you want.  Alas, just adding *.svn to omit-types doesn't work.

I'm actually a bit surprised we're not matching the omit patterns to
directory names, so if this causes you problems let me know and I can look
at a patch for this.

> 2. Is is possible to reduce the length of the directory name displayed
> in the project's file list area. I've got things like
> file:/home/matt/src/blah/blah/blah which is a little hard to work with.
> The ability to set a base directory for the project would be nice - any
> directories under there could be relative, directories outside of the
> project tree could be absolute.

As soon as you save the project file to disk, e.g. in /home/matt/src, the
display should change to using partial relative paths from the project
file location.  So you should see blah/blah/blah instead for the above
example.

Hope that helps.

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc