Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] open in new window

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:27:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> At 10:20 2003-04-23 -0400, Wing IDE Support wrote:
> >On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Nicholas Henke wrote:
> > > It would be nice to have a menu item in the project manager to open a
> > > file in a new window instead of the current open window.
> >
> >If you want a new window in all cases, you can set the preference:
> >
> >gui.one-view-per-window=true
> >
> >The alternative (Wing IDE Standard only) is just to hit Ctrl-2 (normal
> >editor mode) or Ctrl X 5 3 (emacs mode) after opening the file to get it
> >in a new window.  This is the File / New / Window with Current View
> >command.
>
> Typo warning!
> Ctrl X 5 2   is the command in emacs.

Actually, that clones the view and leaves the old one in the window, so
we used Ctrl X 5 3 (which doesn't exist in emacs) for a command that moves
the view out and removes the old one.  Ctrl X 5 2 also works in Wing and
leaves the old view in the window.

Thanks for pointing out my lack of clarity, though! ;-)

- Stephan