Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Using wingide with qtdesigner

Allen Bierbaum allenb at vrac.iastate.edu
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:13:20 -0500

I have recently started trying to use wingide on a pyqt-based project.

I really like using wing to edit the source and debug the code but I
have ran into a seemingly small problem that I can't find a way to
handle with wing.

Adding .ui files to the wing project and opening them in qt designer.

I would really like to be able to double click on a .ui file and have it
open in qt designer.

The closest thing I have gotten to work so far is to add the following
to my preferences:

gui.file-display-cmds={ \
   'text/plain': [ 'designer3 %s &', 'designer %s &' ], \
}

This will allow me to right click and say open in external viewer.
Unfortunately as you can see this is not specific to .ui files but
actually affects all plain text documents.

Is there any way to make a better match for .ui files (something like:
'*.ui' : [ designer3 %s&']  seems logical)?

-Allen