[wingide-users] CTL-J and string wrapping

Wing IDE Support support at
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:26:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Nicholas Henke wrote:
> When using CTL-J to wrap comments started with '#', would it be possible
> to add '#' to the start of the new lines ? Or should I not be using #
> comments for mulitline comments ?

It does do the right thing if there are already multiple lines, in which
case it determines the common prefix and replicates that, only wrapping
the other content.  But I see what you mean that it's not working right if
you start with a single long comment.  I'll add this to our task list.

Using comments is fine, tho for the top level of a function or method,
or for a class or file/module, it's better to use docstrings.  E.g.:

def myfunction():
  """This is the docstring for this function"""
  print "ok"

(the first string in the scope is its docstring)

Thanks for reporting this.

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc