Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Debugger and embedded interpreter

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:31:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Have you tried setting kEmbedded=1 in wingdbstub.py?

I'm not sure why it would fail to connect back to the IDE if the IDE is
howing "Ready and listening" but in general for embedded debugging it
should only connect once when you start up the environment and stay
connected across invocations of your Python scripts.  The kEmbedded flag
should cause it to stay connected (it disables the code that tries to
detect when your debug process exits).

BTW, the Python Path should definately be set correctly to get results
from auto-completion and other tools, but shouldn't be related in this
case.  That isn't passed to the debug process and in fact environment
values set in Project Properties aren't passed either in the case of using
wingdbstub, where by design it just inherits setting from the environment
(except those settable in wingdbstub.py).

If that doesn't help, let us know.

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
Take Flight!