Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Feature request: automatic window positioning

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingide.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:20:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Andrew Ittner wrote:
> I want the document windows (just scripts) to take up the horizontal left
> 2/3rds of my screen; the debugger to take up the remaining third, and the
> project window to float on the right side (going behind the debugger as
> needed).  Each window should always take up the maximum vertical space (I'm
> using Windows 98SE, and I have my taskbar double the normal height).
> Is there any way to accomplish this with v1.1.9-1?

Not directly, but you can set up an empty template project and copy that
when creating new projects.  In trying this it looks like you need to add
one dummy file to the project to get it to store the window positions
properly.  Actually, it wouldn't be hard to do this once and even write
a script to build project files (the file format is plain ascii using
Python expressions).

In any case, we're working on improving the GUI for this and other things.

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
Take Flight!

www.wingide.com