Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] project manager file documentation

Nicholas Henke henken at seas.upenn.edu
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:45:31 -0400

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:41:26 -0400 (EDT)
Wing IDE Support <support@wingide.com> wrote:

> No, there isn't currently a way to do this, but it seems like it might
> a good suggestion.
>
> To clarify:  Are you putting multiple """'ed docstrings at the top
> level of your file or are you talking about seeing the docstrings also
> for classes or functions, concatenated in some way?

Yeah there were multiple docstrings at the toplevel -- For some reason I
was assuming that python would concatenate them.

> If I'm remembering correctly, only the first docstring for each scope
> is retained by Python at runtime, so only the first is strictly
> considered"meaningful".  We can probably hack our static analysis
> engine to extract all the docstrings at the top level of a file, but
> we do use the Python parser to some extent so I'm not 100% sure about
> what it would take to do so.

I think it might be a case of where I will not abuse the source, and
just make sure that there is only one docstring per scope.

Nic
--
Nicholas Henke
Penguin Herder & Linux Cluster System Programmer