Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] project manager file documentation

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:41:26 -0400 (EDT)

No, there isn't currently a way to do this, but it seems like it might a
good suggestion.

To clarify:  Are you putting multiple """'ed docstrings at the top level
of your file or are you talking about seeing the docstrings also for
classes or functions, concatenated in some way?

If I'm remembering correctly, only the first docstring for each scope is
retained by Python at runtime, so only the first is strictly considered
"meaningful".  We can probably hack our static analysis engine to extract
all the docstrings at the top level of a file, but we do use the Python
parser to some extent so I'm not 100% sure about what it would take to do
so.

- Stephan