Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Upgrading to Python2

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel at wingide.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:02:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Robert Oschler wrote:
> I just upgraded (added really) Python 2.2.1 to my SuSE 7.3 Pro Linux
> box.  I still have 2.1.1 installed so I don't break any apps that need
> it.  My concerns are:
>
> How can I make sure that WingIDE is using Python2 not Python, or
> switch it to use Python2? Are there any risks of WingIDE "mixing
> libraries" between the two Python revs?  That is, are there any PATH
> vars, LDCONFIG changes, etc, etc that I need to make to make sure
> everything runs properly?

You control which Python is used with your debug process from the Project
Properties dialog in the Project menu.  Wing looks for the latest Python
by default so you will need to specify the older interpreter here.

Wing should find the newer interpreter but it may not if it's hidden
somewhere off your path in a non-obvious place.  So in general if you
have more than one Python installed, it's good practice to tell Wing
explicitely which one you want to use.

That is the only change needed.  The rest follows this choice, and there
isn't any danger in mixing libraries between the two installs unless you
do so on purpose in your own code.

- Stephan