Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Auto indent broken again

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:20:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Stephen Boulet wrote:
> > > for i in range(10):
> > > print i
> > >
> > > It didn't work this time, which leads me to believe that deleting the
> > > cache wasn't the solution in the first place. Any hints for solving this
> > > problem now? Thanks.

Note that if you're deleting the cache directory, you need to make sure
there aren't any copies of Wing IDE running while you do that.  If it was
really confused in analysis, it might have rewritten the confused info if
you left Wing running while clearing the cache.

> > Is it possible something before this point in the file has mismatched
> > parenthesis or some other problem?  I.e., if you try to import the file
> > once the indentation above is corrected, does it work?
>
> No. The entire file is just those two lines.

Is it syntax highlighting as Python?  The 'for' and 'in' should be bolded.
Only Python files will indent after a line ending in ':' so if the IDE
thinks the file isn't Python then it might fail to indent it.  You can fix
this from the Source menu by selected "Python" syntax hilighting, or "By
File Name" if it ends in py or other extension understood by Wing to be a
Python file.

BTW, you can extend the file extensions Wing understands by adding values
to the main.extra-mime-types preference.  For example to add .pydist and
.in as extension for Python files you would have:

main.extra-mime-types={ 'pydist': 'text/x-python', 'in': 'text/x-python' }

I'm not sure if this is the cause of your problem, but it's the next
thing to check.

- Stephan