[wingide-users] Debug omniORB

Wing IDE Support support at
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:10:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Eran Turky wrote:
> I'm trying to debug 'back-end' scripts written in python for the 'omniORB
> IDL compiler'
> the code run on embedded Python interpreter that is part of the omniidl.exe
> Please advice how can I do this using 'Wing IDE' .

In order to do this, you need to use the wingdbstub module that comes with
Wing IDE.  That gets imported into your embedded code, starts the debug
process, and connects back to an IDE that has been configured to accept
connection from the debug process.

The IDE can be running either on the same machine as the scripts or on
another, as long as the source files are available on both machines via
some sort of file sharing mechanism (samba, nfs, ftp mirroring, etc).

Details on how to set this up are here:

You probably will need to set kEmbedded=1 in your copy of to
avoid having the debug connection get closed between each script

If you need to debug between machines see section 6.14.3 in the above URL.

Hope that helps you get started... please let us know if you run into

- Stephan