Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] V 1.1.6 Lite

Munroe C. Clayton mclayton at twcny.rr.com
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:15:23 -0400

Version 1.1.6 does not run the following as I intended because it does not hold
the Python console open for I/O. This worked fine in the previous version of
Wing IDE as it was this very peice of trivial code that I used to play around
with the demo prior to buying my copy. As you can seefrom the following code I'm
terribly experienced with Python so perhaps it shouldn't work???

# Savage in Python by mcc 8/21/2002
# my first Python program

from math import tan,atan,exp,log,sqrt
from fpformat import fix
from time import clock
from string import atoi

t = raw_input('number of interations?--> ')
n=atoi(t,10)-1
start = clock()
for j in range(0,n,1):
    x=1.0e0
    for i in range(0,2499,1):
        x = tan(atan(exp(log(sqrt(x * x))))) + 1.0e0
stop = clock()
print
print ' Execution Time Was', fix(stop-start,2),' Seconds for',t,' Iterations of
Savage'
print ' The Result was',fix(x,13)
s = raw_input('press cr to exit--> ')

							Cheers,

M.C."Moe" Clayton

"Be careful how you interpret the world:
 it is like that."

      ---Erich Heller---

http://home.twcny.rr.com/theclaytonhome/