Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] WingIDE also in Debian

m.aschwanden@riskreturn.ch m.aschwanden at riskreturn.ch
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:08:02 +0200

Hi

I just bought WingIDE.
I don't know whether anyone else has mentioned this, but WingIDE can be
easily installed on a Debian (V.3.0r0 Woody/i386). Debian is not
officially supported according to Reference Manual (I'd better say not
mentioned).

Here is a little how-to install WingIDE on Debian:

1. Download the WingIDE wingide-xxx.rpm package.
2. Install the alien-Package (which is part of the Debian Package
Collection (use apt-get or kpackage or aptitude, ...).
The alien-Package transforms (among others) a *.rpm package into a *.deb
package which is Debian friendly.
3. Change into the directory where the wing-xxx.rpm lies and issue the
following command at the cmd prompt:

alien -d wingide-xxx.rpm

A "wing-xxx.deb" can now be found in the same directory. To install the
this package issue the following command at the prompt:

dpkg -i wing-xxx.rpm

Now, Debian will install it. It worked on my system.

I hope this helps,
Greetings,
Marco