[wingide-users] Problems with debugging

Wing IDE Support support at
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:22:44 -0400 (EDT)

On 16 Oct 2002, Fredrik Juhlin wrote:
> I have problems with Wing's debug feature when I try to use a Python
> build that was configured with --with-pydebug.

As you figured out, using wingdbstub is often easiest for debugging
problems with the debugger.

Two possible problems are failure to load the debug version of the
dbgtracer extension (dbgtracer.pyd) or some bug in the particular
version of Python you're using.

Could you send the Wing IDE version number and Python version number
you're using to

Also, setting kSilent=0 in and sending us the resulting
output may help to diagnose this.

BTW, as a Wing IDE Standard customer, you have access to the product
source code from  It does require
the password mailed to you with your licenses at time of purchase,
and for more recent customers requires a non-disclosure agreement
in order to get the password.

I can also just send you the sources for the debug server, but need
to know which Wing IDE version first.

- Stephan

Wing IDE for Python                          Archaeopteryx Software, Inc                              Take Flight!